DM: “A mysterious figure in a cloak approaches you in the tavern...”
PALADIN: “Aha! This must be a wizard with a map to a dungeon!”
DM: “…and he’s ticking.”
Whether you need scuttling dungeon denizens, alien horrors, or sentient avatars of the World Tree, the Creature Codex has you covered! Nearly 400 new foes for your 5e game—everything from acid ants and grave behemoths to void giants and zombie lords.
Creature Codex includes:
- A dozen new demons, and five new angels
- Wasteland dragons and dinosaurs
- All-new golems, including the altar flame golem, doom golem, and keg golem
- Monsters inspired by Mesoamerican, Hindustani, and Asian legends and folklore
- Chieftains and other leaders for ratfolk, centaurs, goblins, trollkin, and more
- New undead, including a heirophant lich suitable for lower-level characters (but plenty tough!)
...and much more! Use them in your favorite published setting, or populate the dungeons in a world of your own creation. Pick up Creature Codex and surprise your players with monsters they won’t be expecting!
- Follow-up to 2016’s smash hit, Tome of Beasts, which is now in it’s forth printing!
- Supported by a set of Creature Codex Pawns to get these monsters on the table, and with an advertising push in Game Trade Magazine and elsewhere.
- Cover art by Magic the Gathering artist Craig J. Spearing
- Multiple Ennie award-winner and veteran RPG designer Wolfgang Baur did design and editorial work for TSR and Wizards of the Coast before founding the company that would eventually become Kobold Press, where award-winning Pathfinder- and 5th Edition-compatible content continues to be produced.